Saturday 14 May 2011

Winding-Up For The Weekend

I've had this lovely little 'Empisal Knitmaster' winder for a few months now and have been itching for an excuse to give it a go. The ideal opportunity presented itself just last night as that skein which has been sitting scrambled in a bag just needed to be knitted up for my next project (I'm sure there's one in everyone's yarn stash, right?)

This is such a cute and nifty little gadget; if it wasn't for the fact that my yarn had turned into the spaghetti monster then it makes transferring skeins/balls of wool into nice cones of yarns to use on your knitting machine (or just so you can used them in my case here!)

Commencing the winding mission:
It just clamps onto your table, the yarn is thread through the feeder and onto a conical bobbin, then you turn the handle and wind away! It wasn't quite so speedy for me as I had a huge tangle to unpick as I went along...

Pausing to take photographic evidence of my battle as I was getting wound up with the monster winding:
...About an hour later and....
Wound!
Lovely! Yarn perfection.
Anything with 'knitmaster' in it's name is always going to be a winner!

This lovely little wonder was very kindly given to me by a lady I met at a Knitting & Stitching show a while ago, along with her amazing Brother KH 881 knitting machine, a fantastic collection of knitting books and lots of other accessories! So again, I'd like to just say many thanks to Pam!

No comments: