Tuesday 10 May 2011

Circular Knitting: Attempt no. 1

So, Easter bank holiday, four sunny days ahead of me, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and have a bash at knitting a top in the round.

I found a dead easy (and free!) pattern on Ravelry, for a minimalist mohair top (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mohair-minimalist-top) thanks very much to Anna Kuduja for sharing!

Being in the current state of working through my yarn stash, I dived in, grabbed yarn at random as each ball got knitted up and this was the end result:


Remind you of something a little girl would wear? Yes. Me too. Never mind though, at least it fits a grown one! I even increased stitches as the top reached my hips, so it stays with my shape perfectly. It's just a bit of a shame about the colour choice, still, that's what you get for being too eager sometimes and I have since unraveled the top and am currently re-knitting into something a little more 'my age'.... well, maybe....

No comments: