Wednesday 11 May 2011

Home Grown Welcome Home

Another working day done, another lovely welcome home; this time I had to walk further than the front door and out of the back one to find my very own vegetable patch!

Green peppers, red peppers, icebergs, spring onions, courgettes and red lettuce!

This was kindly planted for me by a loved one and I am extremely grateful (we shall both be rewarded by the tasty veg it brings us).

Above is a close up of the red lettuce sprouts and behind them you can see the red and green peppers.

I successfully managed four fruitful tomato plants last summer, although I was a little late in the season when I started so I was tasting the fruits of my labour September - October. It was worth the wait though as nothing beats the taste of any home grown veg (you know I'm right about that!)

This shall be nurtured and maintained well and progress will be posted when it grows!

No comments: