Friday 27 May 2011

Machine Knit Skirt

Some photos of my first completed product I have made using my Brother KH-881 knitting machine:

I was able to produce a really lightweight fabric on the machine by using a fine yarn and high tension. Having only used one colour kept it simple (which was the idea, what with it being my first attempt and all). The combination makes a floaty but not-too-fussy skirt to wear:I wanted a minimal fuss skirt to produce as well as wear, so the two sheets of fabric I made I machine sewed at the sides then added an elasticated waist and matching lining to finish.
I'm loving it with my new patterned leggings I purchased last weekend from a fellow trader at the Backyard Market; there's a few different colour options and patterns to choose from and they're only a tenner!

Already got an abundance of ideas for my next skrit; I'm going to experiment a lot more with stitch patterns and colours next time and perhaps move onto a more sophisticated garment shape too.

No comments: