Saturday 21 May 2011

Going Loopy Socks

I have just completed my first pair of sock from my new book 'Knitted Sock Sensations' (Louise Butt & Kirstie McLeod). There's lots of great patterns in there and I couldn't wait to make a pair of the 'Going Loopy Socks'
Unfortunately I ran out of yarn towards the end of the second sock... I did see it coming but couldn't help but keep on knitting anyways! People won't see the toes when I'm wearing shoes anyway... Right?

The cuff is created using loop stitch, which I found quite time consuming (possibly as it is the first time I have ever used it) but definitely worth the patience as the result is fantastic


Here you can see the basic sock method and how the heel and toe decreases knit up.



Buy the book here:


I'll keep posting up more sock sensations as I knit them; there's so many great patterns in there, I'm not too sure which ones I'm going to start next...

2 comments:

themakeuplady said...

they look awesome!

... Laura BAX... said...

Thanks! They got their debut outing today and went down well :)