Thursday 15 March 2012

Stitch & Craft London

Today was a day well spent. 
I was at the Stitch & Craft Show in London Olympia with the Craft Club. 
Although I didn't get to teach the joy of knitting to any newcomers; I did teach a lot of current knitters how to knit in the round, make socks and knitted chains!

I took one of my WIP (works in progress) along with me, which today happened to be a string of wooly links I have had on the go since December.  It got a lot of attention from the punters; I'll get some proper photos of it once the ends are tied in and it ceases to resemble an ill-looking sea creature...

For me one of the highlights from the show was the impressive quilt exhibition; covering half of the upstairs level. 
I took a fair few photos in this maze of quilted wonder.  It's never been an area of craft that has grabbed my attention; however some were just so wonderful it really was worth checking out! I'll post them up in a later blog, as there are quite a few...

On top of all the wonderful yarn, craft, bead & stationary stands there was also Mr X Stitch who I have spoken to at a previous knitting show and is a lovely guy - you HAVE to check out his GRAFFITI CROSS STITCHING! It is immense.

Not to mention the cute knitted village, the best in show knitted dogs stand & the astounding knits mega size knitting genius!

Ah yes - and then I couldn't resist a few bargains...

 Check out how big this ball of wool is! It's almost twice the size of my (modest - honest!) head...

I also grabbed a 100g ball of King Cole nylon blend sock yarn.  The purple/green/blue variation called out to me - plus it will be more durable so no more darning worn-through sock heels hopefully :)
Oh and then I couldn't say no to two 100g balls of Marble DK - it's 100% acrylic but I was really surprised to find that out when I felt it - such good quality! All of the above came to under £20 - total bargains!
That includes my massive ball of wool...

I was also rather delighted to make some new knitty friends, catch up with some old knitty friends and receive lots of kind compliments on my Cloud sweater!

Roll on the Knitting & Stitching Show at Ally Pally!

No comments: