Thursday 12 April 2012

[just the way] i like to shop

Tuesday was a day well spent. 

It started with a quick trip to my local charity shop Scope, as I'd seen a dress in there last week and was silly enough to walk away from it. 

Lucky, though, it was still there.



It's not usualy something I'd go for, but it really called out to me and for £5, you can't go wrong. 
I had an Etsy order to ship out to the States I was quite happy about - the first chain maile necklace I'd put online sold, so watch this space for more very soon.  For now, though, I still have bicycle chain bracelets, chain maile earrings & my charity bees for sale...

I enjoyed the nice 4 or so mile walk down to Spitlefields and met up with my good friend Penny; then spent the day wandering Old Spitlefields market & reminiscing in the vintage shops along Brick Lane.
I got some great buys...

First up, was these cool carved characters:
Hand crafted animal pens!
Ace.  There were so many others too... Turtles, lions, wolves, sharks, birds...

 Then I came across the stall of Conquer clothing.
Original (and ethical) illustrated vests, tees, sweatshirts, hoodies and artwork.
So refreshing.
Actually some unique illustration out there which makes a change. 
Fell in love.
Although my vest has quite an optimistic feel to it, a lot of the designs had a real dark side to them. 
I like.
The third amazing find was a stall full of the most beautiful handmade, semi-precious stone jewellery I have possibly ever seen:
 (My own chain maile necklace is sneaking in this photo - and the charity shop dress I'd picked up that morning...)
This fabulous woman was making these beauts using gold wire & stones to create rings, which she sells with a chain, so you can choose to wear it on your finger, or round your neck.

I found it so hard to pull myself away.
So I came away with this white quartz necklace and this turquoise, rose & lilac stone ring ~
Here's mine & Penny's new rings...
  She was such a wonderful person too; unfortunately she didn't have a website, but go find her in Old Spitlefields Market or Portobello. Now.

The green beaded ring I got for Penny as part of her birthday present (this Friday 13th) from Trade charity shop on Holloway Road.  {Love that shop}

She also got a token pair of hand knitted socks this year, too ~
~ and she loved them, hurrah!

No comments: