Monday 9 April 2012

Choice of Cable Cuffs

So, I started knitting the Celtic Cable socks (from Knitted Sock Sensations)...
I finished the cuff of the first one and have started on the top of the sock...
 ...Then saw a similar pattern I had forgotten about, in the last issue of Simply Knitting, so for some reason couldn't help but start those too...
These ones are knitted with 4 ply yarn, the first pair with DK  (I picked it up at the Stitch & Craft show last month and was so happy I had something to knit that pattern with!)
However, the second pair are only ankle high, not knee highs like the first ones; my theory was that they'd be a nice quick little project before I sign my next couple of weeks away to knitting knee highs....
(Although the shorter socks also use yarn & needles that are half as fine, meaning the knitting won't 'grow' as fast...) 
I think eagerness may be out bidding ability (and time!) here, but we'll see how long it takes me to get both done, hey...

No comments: