Sunday 5 February 2012

Knitted Bikes

Spotted on my recent visit to Australia.
Along one of the main roads of Adelaide's town centre, this wonderful creations really added a great vibe to the street and drew me in like crazy to get a closer look at all the details that had been put into them.
 This blue beauty was the first I noticed, then the rest followed. 
Looking at it I wondered how long it took.  Well, the ones that I saw afterwards really stole the question when I saw them...
 This flowered beauty was amazing...
 I can't imagine how long it must have taken to knit all those loops for these wheels!
Check out these crafty little guys on the wheels!
Bikes, Knitting, Nature :)
 This chap didn't have so much decoration on his frame, but the fantastic idea of turning the bull bars into a bull is shear genius!  WHAT a mane...
 This rainbow bike was so eye-catching! A whole sky scene on one wheel vehicle:
 Check out the rad disc wheels:
 There was even a little owl nestled on the back wheel
  Then around the corner this little guy was lurking!
 I so want to make one! I wonder if these pieces are subject to 'yarn bombing' or a seperate project conconcted by locals to do something positive and cheerful with the adandoned bikes of the city?  I have so much respect for all the time spent knitting & crocheting all of these.  They're so much fun!

No comments: