Thursday 2 June 2011

Charity Shop 'Cat' Wool

I popped over to my local Salvation Army charity shop today and managed to bag myself 5 (100g) balls of this beautiful, chunky, rusty brown wool for only £4 - that's 80p a ball!

For some reason I only took half of what the shop had... I will return tomorrow and right this wrong of mine as I know I need it all. Seriously.

The wool is called 'Lana Gatto' and it has THE BEST BALLBAND EVER! Check out the crazed cat (I wondered for a minute what type of yarn it was when I saw that). It's obviously an Italian brand, however the lambswool content is English,(well, 'Old English' to quote the label) and is combined with acrylic, 50/50, so the best of both worlds (warmth + washable woolies). I would love to know what this label/name is all about!


Unfortunately my photographs are not doing the colour of this wool justice, but when some new knits are made of it I will of course post them up for all to see. I'm extremely happy with my new stash, I'm thinking up a nice knitted rusty jumper. I hope the cat approves...

No comments: