Sunday 25 May 2008

Final Project - Recycling: Environment Sketchbook

To coincide with my theme of recycling I also began to look into the environment, as it is one of the main reasons & beneficiaries of waste reducing.

Here are some images from my consequent second sketchbook ~
I began by studying leaves and the lines their veins made as it was remeniscent of the stitch marks I created during my collar works.
Chalk, biodegradable bin liners, silver ink~

Silver fablon, ink, pen, biodegradable bin liners~
Wood effect fablon & photodegradable bin liners~
Biodegradable & photodegradable bin liners, recycled labels from Play & Recycle Centre~
Fablon, green acrylic ink, photodegradable bin liners to creat flowers, crocheted leaf made with biodegradable bin liners, wire & fablon~
Green & brown inks, knitted linen twig, photodegradable bin liners, garden twine & fablon~
Bees crocheted from hazard tape, flower centre crocheted with plastic carrier bag, lid centre, garden twine, fablon & second hand labels~
Photodegradable bin liners, crocheted hazard tape, fabon, pen, silver ink, second hand labels~
Crocheted lilac scented bin liner, recycled yellow lid, crocheted green biodegradable bin liner, second hand labels, wood & silver effect fabon~
Green ink background of knitted lines, blue crocheted garden twine, leaves made from biodegradable bin liners & linen; crocheted hazard tape bee, crocheted scented & photodegradable bin liners, flower centre constructed using wire & recycled balloons~


Orange scented bin liners crocheted with wire, crocheted hazard tape, pen, fablon~

My design work progressed during this sketchbook work to incorporate my previous collar corsages as flower pieces.

I also discovered a range of scented bin liners which I used to introduce new colours into my designs. I began to work with the balloon edges again to create 3-D flower centres; as well as crocheting with wire to add structure which is a technique I found very effective.

No comments: