Thursday 24 April 2008

Final Project - Recycling: Collar Designs

I have been working with my designs to create interesting and individual collars...


Some of my completed pieces to date:


I absolutely love working with the different plastics and have found that through heating the crocheted circles I can alter the form of them from a flat object into a more structured component.

I have used this technique to begin developing a range of corsages, some of which I have included in my above designs. However I am experimenting with further methods, including crocheting with wire, linen and a range of bin liners I have discovered, which are made from recycled materials.

Through this I plan on adding a dimensional element to some of my collar designs and to compile a collection of one-off corsages to be worn as broaches.

No comments: