Wednesday 20 February 2008

Final Project - Recycling

As recycling is an important issue for me, I decided to use it as the basis for my final project. This was an idea I had begun experimenting with during a self-chosen brief in my second year, during which I created knit work using strips of plastic bags and found I could get very interesting and effective results. I immediately knew it would be the perfect theme for my final ever project!

As this is my current project, here's just a few pages of my initial design work so far; using recycled and found materials as the visual basis:




These studies were mainly created using knit, fabon and plastic bags. I plan on continuing my work into wearable designs, mainly in the form of neck pieces/collars. In light of the 'disposable fashion' trend of the moment, why not create fashion pieces from already disposed items?

No comments: