Monday 16 January 2012

Finally finished my Tropical Orchid....

...Well, almost. 
I still need to tie all the ends in and sew it up -
 but the knitting part is done -
 and that's what really counts, right?

The pattern (Tropical Orchid by Erica Knight) is from an issue of Simply Knitting
I saw the top on the front cover and liked it so much it made me buy the magazine. 
A little ignorant of me to really look at how intricate the pattern was...
Took me a little longer than the 1-2 weeks I had hoped for!

Worth it though because the pattern is beautiful and so effective when you see it as a whole piece of fabric. 

I used the left over mohair/silk yarn from my Clouds sweater and so made a few alterations to the original pattern - basically mine is striped and sleeveless, which gives it an entirely different look.
I'll get some far nicer photos taken once the sheets of tendrilous knitting have been transformed into a wearable garment!

No comments: