Wednesday 5 May 2010

Recycled Bike Valve Necklace

I've just finished making my very first item of jewellery created using recycled presta valves from bicycle inner tubes!
I have been collecting old, punctured inner tubes from for a little while; with the intention of creating a few small bags & wallets from the old rubber.

While that is in the process of occuring; I have been conjuring ideas I could create with the valves from them too.

So, there it is:


My first necklace from recycled inner tube valves!All the valves have been cleaned and then sprayed silver, which has been throughly tested for water proof and rub-proof-ness!
The valves hang from a chunky but lightweight silver chain - look out for it on my website soon & at my market stall at the Backyard Market on Brick Lane on Sundays!

www.laurabaxendale.co.uk

for more jewellery made from recycled bicycle components!

No comments: