Sunday 19 October 2008

Uk Textile Award Winner

From entering the Uk Hand Knitting Association's Textile Award I went on to become one of the finalists and as a result have been exhibiting and selling some of my work as part of the Knitting and Stitching annual shows.

There was one overall winner of the prize and three runners up; one of which I am!

I'm winner of the 3D Installation category!

Apparrently we were all joint and how the judges could pick any winner from the outstanding and extremely varied work that was on offer, I do not know.

This really is the biggest compliment I have had all year long. I do not know how I am one of the winners but I am extremely humbled and happy to be one!

So keep and eye out for the Student Textile Award at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate, from the 20th - 23rd November.

There really is some truely outstanding work and, as always, a chance to buy something that has been made by some of the talented finalists as a souvenir of your visit!

http://www.laurabaxendale.co.uk/
http://www.ukhandknitting.com/

No comments: